Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) set forth the terms and conditions that apply to your access and use of the internet website owned and operated by Cantan Group and located at what-the-chef.com including all subsidiary webpages and access to any optimized version of the Site via a wireless device, and access and use of the services available thereon, including, without limitation, the services that enable you to create, test and host promotion-specific custom landing pages for online marketing purposes (the “Services”). This Agreement is legally binding between you, the person using this Site, and Cantan Group. Terms such as “we,” “our” and “us” refer to Cantan Group.
- VISITING THIS SITE;
- MAKING A PURCHASE OR SUBMITTING CONTENT THROUGH THE SITE;
- COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS.
If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to these terms and conditions, in which case the terms “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not accept this Agreement and may not use the services.
On our Site, we may provide short summaries of the terms and conditions in this Agreement. Any such summaries are provided only for your convenience, are not legally binding and do not modify this Agreement in any way.
Ability to Enter into this Agreement
This Site and the Services are not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger. In addition, in order to enter into this Agreement, you must be 18 years old or have otherwise reached the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are legally eligible to enter into this Agreement under any laws applicable to you in your jurisdiction of residence or otherwise. If you accept this Agreement, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it.
You may not use the Services and may not accept this Agreement if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Cantan Group, or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Canada or other countries including the country in which you are a resident or from which you use the Services.
Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this Agreement for your records.
Your Profile Information and Account
In order to access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as API, identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service or as part of your continued use of the Services. You may also have to create passwords or other forms of authentication. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself, and you may not misrepresent your profile information. You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any such information or passwords. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to Cantan Group for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Cantan Group immediately.
Your right to access and use the Services is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account or under your Profile Information. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account or Profile Information, you are responsible for notifying Cantan Group immediately.
By providing us with your e-mail address, you agree to receive all required notices electronically to that e-mail address. It is your responsibility to update or change that e-mail address, as appropriate.
Acceptable Use and Conduct
You agree that that you will not publish or make available any Content that, or use the Site in a manner that:
- infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- contains software viruses, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- is hateful, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by Cantan Group;
- impersonates a Cantan Group employee, or any other person, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to the Site or a portion thereof without proper authorization;
- interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of the Site or prevents others from using the Site, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Site, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use the Site, or inadvertently or intentionally disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any other site or system in use by another user of Cantan Group;
- uses any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to monitor or copy the Site or the content contained therein;
- facilitates the unlawful distribution of copyrighted Content;
- licenses, sublicenses, rents or leases the Services to third parties, uses the Services for third party training, commercial time-sharing or service bureau use, or otherwise makes the Services available to third parties or otherwise commercially exploits the Services;
- includes personal or identifying information about another person in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Site to users;
- constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests;
- stalks or otherwise harasses anyone on the Site or with information obtained from the Site;
- collects, uses or discloses data, including personal information, about users without their informed consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- requests, solicits or otherwise obtains access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any user of the Site for the purposes of automating logins to the Site;
- attempts to gain unauthorized access to the computer systems of Cantan Group or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site;
- posts adult or pornographic Content;
- decompiles or reverse engineers or attempt to access the source code of the software underlying the Site, the Services or any other Cantan Group technology;
- copies, archives, stores, reproduces, rearranges, modifies, downloads, uploads, creates derivate works from, displays, performs, publishes, distributes, redistributes or disseminates all or any part of the Site;
- accesses the Site for the purposes of building a product using similar ideas, features, functions, interface or graphics as those found in the Site;
- accesses the Site for the purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes; or
- accesses the Site to upload any Content or computer code for the purposes of: (i) causing a breach of security to the Site; (ii) interfering with the proper working, functionality or performance of the Site; or (iii) preventing others from accessing or using the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT FORMING PART OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT YOU UPLOAD OR SUBMIT AND ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND CONTENT, ARE AT YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CANTAN GROUP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, PERFORMANCE, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CANTAN GROUP DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND CONTENT, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU AGREE THAT, FROM TIME TO TIME, CANTAN GROUP MAY REMOVE THE SITE FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FROM TIME TO TIME FOR ANY OF SEVERAL REASONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MALFUNCTION OF EQUIPMENT, PERIODIC UPDATING, MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR OF THE SITE OR OTHER ACTIONS THAT CANTAN GROUP, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, MAY ELECT TO TAKE. CANTAN GROUP MAKES NO GUARANTEE REGARDING: (A) THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR API; OR (B) THE COMPATIBILITY OF YOUR SOFTWARE, HARDWARE OR CONTENT WITH THE SITE.
CANTAN GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF, OR FOR THE FAILINGS OF, ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER OF ANY CONTENT, SERVICE, NETWORK, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, GENERATIVE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, HOSTING SERVICES UTILIZED BY CANTAN GROUP, TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS, OR ANY SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE NOT PROVIDED BY CANTAN GROUP.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR CONTENT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE SITE. CANTAN GROUP DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR CONTENT BY THIRD PARTIES OR OTHER USERS OF THE SITE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROTECTING YOUR CONTENT.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CANTAN GROUP OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
THE SITE IS OFFERED AND CONTROLLED BY CANTAN GROUP FROM ITS FACILITIES IN CANADA. CANTAN GROUP MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SITE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO AT THEIR OWN VOLITION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
Limitation of Liability / Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages
NEITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SINGLE INCIDENT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO US HEREUNDER IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT, PROVIDED THAT IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY.
IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN CANTAN GROUP AND RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE OR RECEIVED BY YOU ON ANY THIRD PARTY SITES. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT CANTAN GROUP WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY INTERACTIONS OR DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS OR AS THE RESULT OF THE PRESENCE OF SUCH ADVERTISERS ON THE SITE.
Cantan Group reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site and/or Services, or any portion thereof, with or without notice at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, a failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement. Cantan Group shall have no liability whatsoever for any damages, liabilities, losses or any other consequences that you may incur as a result of any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
Third Party Sites and Content
The Site may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. These other websites are not under Cantan Group’s control, and you acknowledge that Cantan Group is not responsible or liable for any third party content, including but not limited to the accuracy, integrity, quality, usefulness, legality, appropriateness, safety or intellectual property rights of or relating to such third party content or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Cantan Group or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Cantan Group shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third party content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource. Access and use of third party sites, including the information, material, products and services on third party sites or available through third party sites, is solely at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Cantan Group, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, co-branders, all third-party advertisers, technology providers, service providers or other partners, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, shareholders, employees and representatives, from and against any third party claim, demand, loss, damage, cost, or liability (including, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Site, including but not limited to in relation to: (a) your use, non-use or misuse of, or connection to the Site, the Services and any Content, including without limitation your Content and any third party Content, forming part of the Site; (b) your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement; and (c) your violation of any rights, including intellectual property rights, of a third party. Cantan Group reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify Cantan Group and you agree to cooperate with Cantan Group’s defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Cantan Group. Cantan Group will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Cancellation and Termination
Cantan Group reserves the right at any time, and without cost, charge or liability, to terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion for any reason, including, but not limited to, a failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement. In addition, Cantan Group may, in its sole discretion, at any time, temporarily or permanently suspend access to your account, Subscription or Services for any violation or suspected violation of this Agreement. Cantan Group also reserves the right to deny access to anyone, including, but not limited to those users who use proxy servers and/or IP addresses residing in certain geographical areas outside of Canada and the United States. Cantan Group reserves the right to terminate any portion of the Site at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
Agreement to Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If there is any dispute between you and Cantan Group about or involving this Agreement, the Site or the Services, you hereby agree that the dispute shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, without regard to their conflict of law provisions. You hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Any dispute relating to these Terms and/or the Service shall be resolved in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, sitting in Toronto Ontario, Canada, and you hereby irrevocably consent and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of that Court. To the extent permitted by law, you agree that any disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Service and/or these Terms, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
If any provision of the Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then any remaining provisions of the Agreement will remain in effect. The Agreement constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements, oral or otherwise, regarding the Service.
You agree that this Agreement is specifically enforceable by injunctive relief and other equitable remedies without proof of monetary damages.
You agree that if Cantan Group does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which Cantan Group has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Cantan Group’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Cantan Group.
If you breach any of this Agreement and we choose not to immediately act, or choose not to act at all, we will still be entitled to all rights and remedies at any later date, or in any other situation, where you breach these Terms. We do not waive any of our rights. We shall not be responsible for any purported breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our control. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no rights of enforcement.
The provisions concerning proprietary and intellectual property rights, user obligations, Content or submissions, indemnity, disclaimers of warranty and liability, admissibility of these Terms, and governing law will survive the termination of this Terms for any reason.
Manner of Giving Notice
Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices, permissions and approvals hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given upon: (i) personal delivery, (ii) the second business day after mailing, (iii) the second business day after sending by confirmed facsimile, or (iv) the first business day after sending by email. Billing-related notices to you shall be addressed to the relevant billing contact designated by you. All other notices to you shall be addressed to the relevant contact designated by you.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Agreement, please contact us by clicking here.